Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Stress is over rated...

I've been stressing over the baby nursery since Roger and I found out that we were expecting.  We've had a plan of what we wanted it to look like - but the execution of the plan has been stressing me out completely.  I wanted the nursery to be completely finished early on in the pregnancy so that I could go in and relax in it as the due date inches closer.  I definitely wanted it finished before my baby shower so that everyone could see where Samantha would be sleeping.  Unfortunately, Roger wasn't in as much of a hurry as I was.

It took us at least 2 months to agree on painting.  The walls were originally painted with flat paint (which I think would be fine).  Roger wanted to re-paint the room with semi-gloss and go ahead and make it "fingerprint ready" when Samantha gets to the point of putting her hands on the wall.  I finally gave in and put 2 coats of semi-gloss in the nursery.  Unfortunately, I'm not the best painter in the world, so there were plenty of roller marks visible when the light shown in.  I was fed up with painting and ready to put the rest of the decorations on the walls, so I didn't care.  Roger had the opposite feelings.

Thankfully, this past weekend, his parents came to town.  His mother listened to my stressful/hormonal/female venting and convinced Roger's dad to add a 3rd coat of paint to the walls so that I could finally put up the rest of the decorations.  I spent Saturday morning working in the nursery trying to get it completed before my shower that afternoon.  With determination and the help of my wonderful mother-in-law, the nursery decor was finished and ready to show the guests at the shower.

So without anymore stressing, check out Sam's nursery. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment