Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, July 9, 2011

T-21...

I've made it...there's only 21 days left before my sweet baby girl is in my arms!!

It's been a lot easier than I expected it to be.  Hearing stories and watching others go through this wonderful experience made me expect the worse.  However, I never had morning sickness - only the occasional nausea.  I was also blessed not to experience food aversions.  I've recently experienced some killer heartburn, but nothing that milk & TUMS can't handle.

I have probably pushed my body to do things that I shouldn't, but never putting the baby in danger.  At 5 months, I took a week to create a new flowerbed in my backyard.  I have also been mowing my lawn and weeding my flowerbeds.  Both activities are now being done by a friend until after Samantha is born.

I am blessed with this wonderful pregnancy since I was so afraid it would never happen for us.  I am thankful that it has gone so well that I have been able to continue with travel plans that were made before the pregnancy.  I have been able to take several mini-vacations with Roger and visit some of his extended family.

The last week has been one of the best because Roger is definitely getting more and more excited (not to mention impatient) about Sam's arrival.  He's constantly asking when is she going to come out.  I love when he talks to my belly as if Sam is already here :)

Roger and I have been doing a lot of walking to help speed the process up.  Next week, I'm hoping to hear the doctor say that I've dilated a little - so we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment